Continuous level measurement and point level detection in hydraulic oil reservoir.
Hydraulic fluid provides energy transmission through a system, enabling work and motion to be accomplished. Overtime, hydraulic fluid is slowly lost due to heat, lubrication or leakage inside equipment. Maintaining adequate level within the hydraulic reservoir tank is vital to the proper operation of power equipment.
Depending upon the process conditions, either a Radar or ultrasonic level transmitter can be used to provide a continuous 4/20mA output signal, proportional to liquid level. This signal can be sent to a digital display, PLC or DCS system. Point level switches can be utilized as either a primary level instrument for high or low level alarm detection or as a secondary instrument to provide redundancy.
Continuous level measurement with ultrasonic in reservoirs with less than 30 psi.
- Provides accurate and reliable level measurement
- Easy setup and installation with single push button calibration
- Ignores peripheral obstructions
Continuous level measurement with non-contact radar in reservoirs with pressures above 30 psi.
- Simple installation and calibration
- Not affected by foam, vapors or gases
- “Low Dielectric” Mode allows for use with low dielectric media
Point Level Switch for high or low level alarm detection.
- Simple, reliable and low cost solution
- High level alarm - Prevent overfill or overflow conditions
- Low level alarm – Prevent run dry operations
- Secondary back up instrument – provides redundancy
These are general product recommendations. For specific recommendations or help choosing the best instrument for your application, contact the factory directly or your local Babbitt representative.