Continuous measurement and point level detection in liquid material storage tanks.
Liquid storage tanks are used to store a variety of liquids including water, crude oil, gasoline, diesel as well as hazardous chemicals. Proper monitoring of level not only prevents overfills, but also helps to ensure these tanks never run empty. Maintaining adequate level within in these tanks is important in maintaining production.
Choosing the best level instrument will depend largely on the process conditions and the desired outcome.
Point Level Switches provide simple high/low level alarm indication and can be utilized as primary level indication or as a secondary instrument to provide redundancy.
Depending upon the process conditions, either a Radar or ultrasonic level transmitter can be used to provide a continuous 4/20mA output signal, proportional to liquid level. This signal can be sent to a digital display, PLC or DCS system.
Magnetic Level Indicators provide visual level indication and can be coupled with side mounted transmitters for continuous level measurement. Adjustable MLS switches can be added for alarm set points – providing an all in one solution.
Industries: Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Wastewater, Chemical, Food & Beverage, Paper, Petrochemical and Refining.
Continuous level measurement with ultrasonic.
- Provides accurate and reliable level measurement in liquids without foam, vapor or gases
- Easy setup and installation with single push button calibration
- Ignores peripheral obstructions
Continuous level measurement with non-contact radar.
- Simple installation and calibration
- Not affected by foam, vapors or gases
- “Low Dielectric” Mode allows for use with low dielectric media
Point Level Switch for high or low level alarm detection.
- Simple, reliable, low cost solution
- High level alarm - Prevent overfill or overflow conditions
- No moving parts to get stuck, wear out or fall off
- As secondary instrument, provides redundancy
④ Magnetic Level Indicator and transmitter
Visual and continuous measurement of liquid level.
- Safe, accurate and reliable level measurement
- Fluid never contacts the glass – no hazing - excellent replacement for sight glasses
- Easy to read visual scale can be seen from over 100’ away
- Optional continuous LTM level transmitter and MLS Alarm switch provide all in one solution
These are general product recommendations. For specific recommendations or help choosing the best instrument for your application, contact the factory directly or your local Babbitt representative.